Start your visit with an interesting and informative overview of the history of the Seven Villages of the Amana Colonies
Village Voyage Tours are offered through the Amana Colonies Visitors Bureau and run twice a day in the summer and fall at 11:00 am and 2:00 pm. For two+ hours you will ride in the comfort of a mini-bus with a knowledgeable and entertaining guide as you stop at various points of historical interest. You will hear stories of the past as well as explanations of Amana Colonies culture and customs of today.
Tours begin May 6 and end Oct. 31, Monday-Saturday. Minimum needed is 4 persons and maximum is 14. $20/person
Tours include the following:
- Visit to several of the seven Amana colonies
- Amana Meeting House (Church) where you will hear about the beliefs and simple faith of the Inspirationists
- Communal Kitchen and Cooper Shop
- Heritage Museum and 20-minute video of the history of the colonies
- Preserved Village General Store
- …. And More!
On Fridays, beginning in May 2019, the 11:00 tour includes a lunch in the one remaining communal kitchen in Middle Amana. Take a step back in time as you hear stories and taste the traditional foods of the days of communal living.
$30 includes tour and lunch.
If you would like us to arrange a tour for you please let us know. Or call the Visitor’s Center directly at 319-622-7622.