1. Check-in time is between 4 pm-6 pm. Our building is locked except during check-in hours. Please let us know if you need to arrive later than 6 pm and we will arrange a late self-check-in for you.
2. Check out time is 11 am.
3. Early check-ins can sometimes be arranged, if necessary, for as early as 1:00 pm for an additional $35 per room.
3. Die Heimat Country Inn is a NON SMOKING house. Smoking is only permitted outside at a designated area away from the building.
If there is any evidence of smoke detected in the room there is an automatic $300 cleaning charge and you will be asked to leave.
4. Special situations allow for children; please call to make arrangements.
5. We do not accept pets or “emotional support” animals.
6. There is ample free parking in the lot at the rear of the building.
9. Our cancellation policy: If you cancel less than five (5) days before arrival, full payment will be taken.
*A 60 day cancellation is required on whole house bookings, groups, and for some holidays and special events.
Please be aware that you now have the option to purchase Trip Protection through our reservation system. This 10% investment protects you from last minute cancellations due to unforeseen health problems, including you or a family member contracting Covid 19. We highly recommend that you add this to your reservation for your peace of mind.
10. Additional terms apply to multiple room or whole house bookings – please see details below.
11.Rates and policies are subject to change and vary during high impact periods and special requests.
A group is defined as five or more rooms.
For a group, one person will act as the coordinator: this is our point person for all communication.
The coordinator will request that a specific number of rooms be blocked for a period of time. The coordinator will pay the deposit to hold the rooms up until 60 days prior to the reservation date. The coordinator will also book their own room. At that time the coordinator will be sent a link to forward to group members. Group members will use this link to choose one of the blocked rooms, and enter their reservation and payment information to make their individual reservation.
Groups will have a 60-day cancellation policy. This means rooms reservations will be charged a non-refundable 100% deposit 60 days prior to arrival.
If a group would like to rent the entire building for their group alone, we offer all 15 rooms for the cost of only 12 rooms. Our three smallest rooms will be the ‘bonus’ rooms, that can be used, or not, but will not be booked by any other party. The maximum number of individuals that can be accommodated by Die Heimat is 30, and this is a tight fit in our dining room.
Whole house bookings also require a coordinator for the group. The coordinator will pay the deposit to block the rooms. The coordinator will also pay the entire amount due for the group in one transaction (60 days prior to date of arrival). In other words, Die Heimat will not collect for individual rooms. The group link will be sent to the coordinator, who will assign rooms, and enter the information for each room (names, address, email, phone number) and the credit card paying for the group.
This offer is good for a TWO NIGHT stay or more. It will not be honored for a one night stay.
There may be times when a group fills our entire inn and has additional group members who want to join them from the local community or who are staying at other places of lodging. The common room/dining room at Die Heimat is only for overnight guests of Die Heimat. If others want to join the group or if the group exceeds 30 people, a separate meeting space must be rented. The Homestead Welfare Club, just down the street, is an ideal venue for groups. It includes a full kitchen and a large meeting space for at least 80 people. They also have a large outdoor lawn area. Call 319-622-3620 to arrange.
Visiting the Amanas? Download our Free Insider’s Guide to Visiting the Amana Colonies!